Terms and Conditions
- Customer Account
- Payment and security
- Restrictions On Using The Website
- Betago Website
Terms and Conditions Betago Ltd. Version 1.1 from 14.03.2017
These Terms and Conditions define and regulate the contractual relationship between the parties (users) and Betago Limited, a bookmaker licensed by the Maltese gaming authority, which is hereinafter referred to as ”Betago”
These definitions apply equally to the data protection guidelines and the rules for bets with Betago.
- The terms “we”, “Betago” or “us” refer to www.betago.com or Betago Ltd., a company registered in Malta, with the company number C71266 and its head office at 62, Wilga Street, St. Julian's STJ 3117, Malta
- The term “website“ refers to the www.betago.com website, whose sole owner and operator is Betago Ltd.
- The term “offer“ refers to both the current and future opportunities for online bets as well as other offers from Betago Ltd with the agreement of the MGA (Malta Gaming Authority).
- The terms “you”, “your” or client describe people who avail themselves of the services of www.betago.com in accordance with these general terms and conditions.
- The term “account“ refers to the account of the customer on www.betago.com.
Scope of these general terms and conditions
- These general terms and conditions apply for all bets that are placed via Betago, as well as for the use of Betago's service by the client. To open an account at www.betago.com, the customer has to agree with these terms and conditions. By registering on the website, opening an account or using the Betago website, the customer accepts these terms and conditions as binding.
- Betago is licensed to offer sports betting online by the Maltese Lotteries and Gaming Authority under the license number MGA/B2C/355/2016, issued on 08.08.2017. This same authority regulates the online betting service of Betago. These bets can be illegal in other countries with differing legislation. Betago abstains from depictions of the legality of its online betting service under other jurisdictions. This agreement is governed by the laws of Malta and must be interpreted in accordance with this. The court of jurisdiction is Malta.
- The Terms and Conditions of the Betago Ltd. consist of three Parts:
- The General Terms and Conditions
- The Betting and Sport Rules
The binding nature of these general terms and conditions
- These general terms and conditions constitute a legally binding agreement between the customer and Betago and govern your use of the Betago website. Betago reserves the right to make any changes to these terms and conditions at any time and without prior notice. Betago will ensure that the customer is informed of such changes, by being requested to accept the revised terms and conditions at the next login process on the website. If the customer refuses to agree, he is precluded from using the Betago website.
- It is the responsibility of the customer to ensure, by regularly reviewing the general terms and conditions, that they correspond with the terms that govern the placement of the bets. It is also recommended that the customer reads the general terms and conditions each time the customer uses the website. The previous terms and conditions apply for all bets that are concluded before a change in these conditions and their acceptance by the customer, but have not yet been decided.
- Terms and Conditions are concluded and executed in English language. Betago reserves the right to translate the Terms and Conditions into other languages. Any such translation into other languages shall be made exclusively for comfort of Players who play in territories where online betting and gambling are legal, and use other languages besides English language.
- Other language versions of Terms and Conditions in no way imply or allow opening of accounts or offering of services of Betago in countries, where online betting and gambling are illegal.
- Should the contents of the Terms and Conditions vary in other languages to the English version, the English version takes precedence. This also applies to the rules of the game, any texts on the website as well as any information concerning bonus programs or bonus schemes.
Opening an account
- The customer must register to make bets on the website www.betago.com. The minimum age for registration is 18 years.
- The customer must provide the requested information when registering. The customer is responsible for ensuring that all data is accurate and up-to-date. Betago reserves the right to declare all bets invalid if false or misleading information has been given by the customer.
- Each person may maintain only one account. Betago reserves the right to close additional accounts at its own discretion, and to cancel all bets made there and repay the balance or regard these accounts as a single one and handle them accordingly.
- It is illegal to pay illegally acquired money.
- All transactions are checked by Betago to prevent money laundering and illegal transactions. Suspicious transactions are reported to the Financial Information Analysis Unit (FIAU). The FIAU is a supervisory authority in Malta that records and checks suspicious transactions.
- The customer account and the amounts contained therein must be used exclusively for bets. In addition to the bets, Betago reserves the right to collect concession fees on bets, as required in local regulations of individual countries. Betago will inform the customer of this on the betting slip. Concession fees can be viewed in help, section 3.1.13
- The registration is done online by entering the required personal data such as name, address, email, date of birth and password. The password can be changed by the client on the website at any time.
- Betago reserves the right to automatically delete unused betting accounts without credit after the expiry of a period of three months. In this case, re-registration is possible at any time.
- The registration will automatically include the opening of a personal betting account. The opening of this betting account is free of charge and does not entail any obligation for the customer.
- All monetary transactions are conducted solely via the client's personal account. Claims and complaints regarding credits, payouts of other transactions that are recorded on the betting account must be submitted to Betago within 14 working days by email. After expiry of this period, all transactions recorded will be regarded as approved by the customer.
- Betago reserves the right to refuse the registration without giving reasons.
Use of the account
- Each account is exclusively for personal use and may not be used for professional, business or other commercial purposes.
- The customer is obliged to ensure that no third party uses the account, the passwords or the identity of the customer to access the Betago website. Use by third parties who have obtained knowledge of a customer user name or password will be treated as if it were by the customers himself. The customer is liable for all transactions by such third parties in the name of the customer. Betago is not liable for any unauthorized use. Regardless of whether the third party accesses the Betago website with or without the consent of the customer, there will be no refund of the resulting losses.
- Betago can require the customer to change the password or close an account temporarily if there is reason to assume that the security policies of Betago have been violated or misused.
- By placing a bet on Betago, the customer assures that the he is permitted by the local laws to use the Betago website and is not thereby violating the laws of the country of which the customer is a citizen or where the customer resides. Betago reserves the right to restrict the use of the Betago website at any time without giving reasons if there is an indication that the customer has violated these provisions.
- Both parties can close the account immediately, temporarily or permanently if the other party does not fulfill its obligations under these conditions. The payment of any residual credit shall be determined in accordance with the provisions of these general terms and conditions. The temporary or permanent closure of an account does not absolve the parties of their legal rights and obligations.
- Betago reserves the right to reject bets at any time without giving reasons.
- Betago is not a financial institution and must not be treated as such. No interest will be paid on account balances.
- The balance on the customer account can at any time be offset against amounts that the customer owes Betago.
- The customer accepts that he can lose money by placing bets and takes full responsibility for such losses.
- All account transactions will be displayed in real time online at all times.
- If the customer has questions he can contact the customer service of Betago at firstname.lastname@example.org at any time.
- Betago reserves the right to change each service and the website at any time and without prior notice and to add or remove services.
- Transfer of money between Betago accounts is not allowed.
Closure of the account
- Betago can close a customer account at any time and without giving reasons. The customer receives a notification of the deletion of his account. Any credit balance at that time will be paid out to the customer.
- The customer can close his account at any time without notice for any reason under the condition that the account has a credit balance. To request a final deletion of the customer account, the customer will send a written notice by email to email@example.com
- Any balance remaining in the account when it is closed will be credited at the discretion of Betago by means of the payment option used last. Betting profits created after the closure of the account will be credited using the same payment option.
Regardless of the foregoing provisions, (2.3), Betago is entitled to block or delete a new account with immediate effect if:
- The client violates these general terms and conditions or the rules for bets and sports betting.
- The account has inadequate coverage or a deficit.
- There is reason to suppose that the payments of the customer are connected to illegal or fraudulent acts. In this case, Betago is not liable for payments that are made by the customer and exceed the statutory framework. Betago will transmit all information or documents in relation to the customer to the competent authorities at their request without breaching its obligations under these general terms and conditions.
- Betago assumes that an unauthorized person has gained access to the account
- The statutory provisions require this blocking or closure of the account
- There is a safety issue or other problems that Betago considers to be important or where damage to Betago's reputation is to be feared.
- Customers have the ability to restrict themselves for future bets or have themselves totally blocked. The customer can find this option under “My account/Settings”.
- The customer is prohibited from transmitting, purchasing or selling an account to or from third parties.
- The customer may not make transfers between customer accounts or use other mechanisms to transfer money from one customer account to another.
- The customer account is regarded as inactive if the customer has not logged on for a period of twelve months. An administrative fee of EUR 5.00 per month is charged for inactive accounts. If the customer has not logged onto his customer account for more than 30 (thirty) months, the account is regarded as closed. In this case, Betago will transfer any remaining balance to the customer. If Betago does not have the necessary data available for this, the account balance will be transferred to the Maltese Gaming Authority (MGA).
Management of the Betago customer account
Betago reserves the right, at its sole discretion and at any time
- To refuse the opening of an account.
- To refuse the deposit of funds without giving reasons.
- To request documents to determine the identity of the account holder and to check the customer's authority to use a specific payment option.
- To check other data and information provided by the account holder.
- This can be done at any point in time, and Betago reserves the right to prevent the account from being used during ongoing investigations.
- Without prior notice, to transfer data of an account holder to other legal persons, which are ultimately administered and controlled by Betago or its shareholders in any country. Thereby, Betago ensures that such data is always transmitted and administered in accordance with the applicable legislation and data protection guidelines and similar provisions.
- Letting the assets in the Betago customer account expire, refusing to satisfy a claim, in the case where, directly or indirectly, the Betago rules have been infringed and/or unauthorized activities in connection with a betting event and/or the use of the Betago customer account have taken place.
- To exclude and/or restrict the participation of a customer in games, advertising promotions or other services if Betago is of the opinion that there are legitimate concerns that a Betago customer account is or was being used, or could be used in the future for illegal, fraudulent or dishonest practices.
- To suspend and/or block the participation of a customer in services and/or to freeze and/or block the credit balance on the customer account if the customer has been found guilty of fraud, or Betago determines that the customer has used or deployed a system (including but not limited to machines, robots, computers, software or other similar products) that was developed to manipulate the software or is capable of doing so.
- Betago reserves the right, at its sole discretion and at any time
Payment and security
- The betting account is exclusively in euros (EUR, €). Other currencies are added by Betago to the system, as needed. No credits are made available for a Betago customer account. In order for the customer to place a bet, the credit on the customer account must be equal to or greater than the bet.
The following deposit methods are available:
- Credit card (Mastercard and Visa)
- Immediate transfer (sofort)
- Bank Transfer
- Other methods of payment can be accepted at the discretion of Betago. The customer will be informed about all the costs that may apply due to the use of alternative payment methods. Betago reserves the right to limit the Payins for Credit cards to EUR 500.00 if the KYC Process was not completed yet.
- Betago does not pay credit balances out to players as long as the identity, age and residence of the player has not been clearly established and confirmed.
- The customer is solely responsible for the declaration, payment and documentation of the fees, taxes and charges on winnings from the Betago website owed to the public authorities.
The minimum amount for payments by bank transfer is EUR 25.00. The minimum amount for payments by credit card is EUR 20.00. The minimum amount for other payment methods is EUR 10.00. If the amount of the withdrawl is lower than the minimum payout limit a fee of EUR 3.00 will be charged. The processing of three payouts per calendar week is free of charge. If the customer should request more than three payouts per week, Betago will deduct a processing fee of EUR 5.00 from the withdraw amount per payout. Each withdrawal request is checked by the employees of Betago before processed. Once the payment has been processed and approved, the customer is informed by email. The following withdrawl methods are available:
- Bank Transfer
- Credit card (Mastercard and Visa)
- The customer is obliged to pay all outstanding amounts in full. If money is erroneously credited to an account in error or an account is debited, the client must notify Betago immediately. All amounts erroneously credited to an account must be paid back immediately. All amounts that are erroneously charged to an account will also be immediately refunded. Money that is credited to an account in error may not be used by the customer for betting. Betago reserves the right to reverse all transactions and cancel bets that are financed with these resources. Each party undertakes to notify the other party of claims with regard to erroneously credited or charged amounts.
- The customer undertakes not to carry out any credit card returned direct debits and not to reverse any payments. All costs and damages resulting from such return debits shall be charged to the customer.
- Betago reserves the right to block the customer account even at the slightest suspicion of credit card fraud. This applies in particular to the use of stolen credit cards or other fraudulent actions. Betago is entitled to reverse any payment to a credit card and to credit the amounts to the account again. Betago is not liable for the misuse of credit cards.
Account balances can be paid out by using one of the payment option used by Betago. A customer can only use a payment option for paying out which he has used previously for making a deposit. If a customer has used only payment options that do not allow a payout, then the credit is paid by bank transfer, unless:
- The balance on the customer account can consist of real money and bonus money, and if a customer has received a bonus, then the specific bonus terms and conditions must first be fulfilled before a payment is possible.
- Betago is bound by law to review customer’s identity if withdrawals or transactions of the customer reach an accumulative amount of € 2,000 or more. Betago also reserves the right to review the customer’s identity if lower amounts are transacted or in case of suspicious transactions.
- If it is established during the review of the customer account that the customer has more than one account or the data does not reflect the truth. In this case, Betago reserves the right to freeze the account and to cancel the bets if necessary.
- Not all incoming payments have been confirmed and not all amounts deposited have been turned over at least once for placing bets.
- If the payout method does not make a reverse payment possible, the payment is made to a bank account for which the customer is designated as the account holder.
- The customer account balance is covered with cash or equivalent funds. Betago guarantees that the balance on the customer account will be paid out immediately to the full amount. All deposits and withdrawals to and from an account are made online in real-time (Malta).
- Access to the customer account is only possible with the user name
- The customer is solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of his user name and password. If a customer saves login data such as user name and password on an external device, so as to be able to access the customer account from various devices, this is done at the customer's own risk.
Restrictions On Using The Website
- Betago Ltd is not authorized to accept bets from persons under the age of 18. The customer declares in his registration that he is over the age of 18 and is mentally capable of accepting responsibility for his own actions. Betago reserves the right to declare bets from minors or bets that are supposedly placed by minors as null and void. The customer acknowledges that gambling by minors is a criminal offense.
- Any fraudulent, criminal or suspicious activities are always reported to the competent authorities.
- Betago reserves the right to declare null and void all bets that are placed by people or groups who they suspect have acted with conspiratorial or fraudulent or have manipulated bets.
- The use of the Betago website is only allowed from locations where participation in such a service is regulated by law or legal. The customer assures Betago that he is not accessing the website or its services or registering on it if he is a citizen of a country that prohibits its citizens to participate in gambling regardless of their location. The customer recognizes his sole responsibility for checking if there are any local laws that could prohibit the use of the Betago website.
- Notwithstanding the provisions of the previous paragraph, citizens of the United States and all other persons resident in the USA are prohibited from registering and using the website. Betago will declare all bets null and void that are made in the USA or in territories belonging to the USA.
Placing a bet
- When a bet is placed, the customer's account is charged with the amount and any fee displayed on the betting slip. The customer is obliged to check the bet on the issued betting slip before sending it off. Betago is entitled to reject bets, reduce the amount or change the odds without giving reasons and to submit the bet to the customer again.
- Canceling bets
Betago offers its customers the opportunity to cancel bets und certain circumstances. Only the last placed bet can be canceled. Cancellation is not possible for the following betting slips:
- The odds of a game have changed from the time the bet was placed
- A game on the betting slip has already begun
- A game on the betting slip is included in the live bets
- If a customer places multiple bets, these are processed in the order of their arrival on the Betago server.
- Multiple bets can be regarded as single bets if the customer repeatedly places the same bets. Betago reserves the right to declare bets null and void if there is indication of an attempt to circumvent this provision or the limits of Betago. If a bet is declared null and void, then it is given an odds of 1.00.
- The acceptance of bets and the disbursement of winnings is determined according to various limits. This includes, in particular, bet amount limits and betting slip limits. These limits are subject to change and are listed on the betting slip or in the “My account“ area. Betago reserves the right to adapt these limits at any time without giving reasons.
- All odds are subject to fluctuations. All bets that are placed after the official start time are declared null and void, unless otherwise noted.
- A bet is considered valid and accepted if it is confirmed with a betting slip number. This bet is then displayed under “Betting slips“ in “My account“.
- By placing a bet, the customer agrees to the general terms and conditions of Betago and confims that he is aware of the risks of online gambling and understands these.
- Betago assumes no responsibility if a bet, regardless of the reasons, cannot or could not be placed. These reasons include, but are not limited to:
- Malfunctions or failures of computers
- Failures of telecommunications services
- Internet connections
- Betago does not accept any bets that are sent, but that do not have a betting slip number and do not appear in the selection “betting slips”.
- The use of systems or software that have been developed to automate betting or to manipulate the software of the Betago website is prohibited. Winnings from bets resulting from the unauthorized use of such systems will be forfeited.
- The maximum payout per ticket is EUR 100,000.00.
- The winnings limit per client and week is EUR 100,000.00.
- The payout limit per client and week is EUR 100,000.00. The week is from Monday 0:00 to Sunday 24:00
- All winnings are automatically credited to the customer account after the event has been officially confirmed.
- The winnings are credited to the same customer account from which the bet was placed.
- The maximum payout per ticket is EUR 100,000.00. If a customer has opened more than one account and used this to place identical bets, in breach of the general terms and conditions, all the bets in total are regarded as one and are calculated against the betting slip limit.
Self-limits and self-control
- Customer can independently set daily, weekly, or monthly bet and loss limits, as well as login session length.
- Limit reductions become active immediately, limit increases become active in seven days, in accordance with the Remote Gaming Regulations.
- Customer can independently deactivate his account temporarily or permanently. In the case of deactivating an account in conjunction with preventing compulsive gambling, the account may only be reopened in seven days by Betago, in accordance with the Remote Gaming Regulations.
- If a dispute arises that is not regulated by these terms and conditions, Betago will attempt to solve the matter in communication with the customer in mutual agreement.
- Complaints in relation to bets and/or winnings must be submitted within 14 days in writing by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. After expiry of this period, all bets and transactions recorded will be regarded as approved by the customer.
- If the customer does not agree with the proposed solutions, the dispute can be referred to the Maltese gambling authority (MGA) www.mga.org.mt or forwarded by email to email@example.com. A decision of the Maltese Gaming Authority is final and binding for both parties.